Thursday 7 October 2010

Analysis of CD Covers

Below are three different CD album covers, front and back and also the CD itself. I included the band that I want to use for my final video as I feel that it would have given me some ideas of how I should lay out my final Digipak. I also included Tinie Tempah's new album 'Disc-overy'. I also analysed MIA's album Kala, as both Tinie Tempah and MIA have colourful and vibrant Digipaks.


1. Tinie Tempah - Disc-Overy, I analysed this album as I had previously analysed the music video 'Written in the Stars' by Tinie Tempah this made it easier for me to analyse. I was able to analyse techniques much quicker than what I would have been able to if I chose another album.

2. MIA - Kala, again I had previously analysed a song from this album, which gave me an idea of how to analyse the CD cover. I also chose this album as it is a very vibrant and stands out, which makes it easier to analyse.

3. U2 - How to dismantle an Atomic Bomb, this is the final album that I decided to analyse this album as this is the band that I will be using when I make my final video. Although it is not the album that includes the song that I want to use for my final video but this album does give me some ideas for my final digipak

No comments:

Post a Comment