Thursday 31 March 2011

Evaluation Question 1 - 'In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?'


nImage 1: This first image is taken in the singer/actors house, and it shows him laying it bed at the start of his day. This part of the song does not have any lyrics, therefore in this section I put together some clips of him waking up and going to the bathroom as this is what generally happens at the beginning of his day. Throughout this section the song travels at a slower and smoother pace compared to what the chorus and the rest of the song is like after this part.
nImage 2: The second image is taken outside the front door of the singer/actors house. This image shows the singer meeting his friend outside his house. This relates to the lyrics of this part of the song ‘You thought you’d found a friend’, this shows that I have related the narrative of the song to the video. This part of the video is just before the chorus so the clips will still be fading into and out of one another.
nImage 3: This third image shows the two band members playing their instruments both guitar and drum. This part of the film was filmed in a studio where I was able to film the band performing in front of the green screen. The effect that is behind the performers was included afterwards when I was editing the film. The effect is known as kaleida. Just before the kaleida the image that I have used breaks away to reveal the band members.
nImage 4: The fourth image shows two images combined into one that is shown at the same time. It has the singer singing this part of the song a long with the two of them playing football. However this is sectioned into four corners so it is effectively playing four times at once.
nImage 5: Here I have used another programme and not just premiere pro. Here I used adobe after effects in order to use other effects that I cannot use on premiere pro. I used the same effect as earlier which was kalieda, however I used another image for the kaleida  in the back ground, this is because I did not want it to look the same as other kaleida effects. Something else that I done for this part of the video was that on after effect I put a certain effect on the band members, which was called threshold.
nImage 6: This sixth image shows the pair of the actors walking back to the house from the field, in the image you see them walk across the camera and whilst they walk across the camera pans across to follow them. Whilst on premiere pro I put an effect called posterize on the clip so that it would look more interesting to watch instead of it being just a normal film.
nImage 7: This seventh image shows a close up of the singer singing the lyrics to the song. Again I have used an effect in the background which is kalieda, however this time I have used another image so that it doesn’t look like the other kaleida images. I have also used posterize on the singer to make him stand out instead of it being a plane clip.
nImage 8: For the eighth image I used an extreme close up to engage the audience. I asked the singer to grab hold of the camera so that the audience were able to see him holding it, as this would involve the audience. However with this clip I did not use any special effects as I have used other special effects in this part of the song
nImage 9: For this final ninth image, this depicts the singer/actor going to sleep and showing the audience that the film ends just as it starts. With this part of the film the room is darker to show the audience that its night time and to show the audience that the actor is going to sleep he switches the light off as the song ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment