Tuesday 29 March 2011

Evaluation Question 3 - What have you learned from the audience feedback?

nI was required to gather feedback for my music video, as this would show me where the audience feel I have done well and where I haven’t done so well. My feedback was gathered from three different sources, these sources were, a screening where parents came in to view the different videos and mark them, another source was the year below that are doing media, they did exactly the same thing as the parents did at the screening, which was mark them. The final source was my class mates, they wrote their comments on my blog where I have posted my video.
nThere was a specific system that the parents and year below had to follow, their was a sheet for each students work and it had 8 questions on each sheet, all the same, and then the parents and students were required to mark each question out of 4 depending on how well they thought each one was completed. The scoring system was 1 being the lowest and 4 being the best.




Here is the first question of the eight, it asked the audience if they felt the shots were steady throughout the video. The audience felt that I held the camera fairly steady throughout the video as I received mainly 3s and 4s however some of the audience thought that the camera wasn’t completely  steady throughout the video. I feel that I did hold it fairly steady whilst filming it was only when I tried filming when the actors were moving, that the camera didn’t stay still.


This question asked the audience if the shots were framed well, this means if the actors were in the centre of the film. The audience thought that I had positioned and framed my shots well as I received a majority of 3s and also received over 10 4s. However some people that gave feedback felt that I did not frame the shots well enough, I can see what these people meant after reviewing my video and I agree in some parts that my video could have been framed better. 


This response was asking the audience if they felt that I had varied shots in my video, this means was their a variation of shots for example the close ups, the long shots and the two shots as well as others that have been used. This response is fairly the same to the previous answer in a sense that I received a majority of 3s and then 4s with a few people believing that I needed to vary my shots. I do agree with the 7 people that said that the shots were not varied enough, I could have used some high and low angle shots perhaps, throughout the video.




This question asks the audience if they felt that the locations for the video were appropriate. As you can see from the results it shows that the majority of the audience marked it with a 3 out of 4 and just over a quarter of the people gave it 4 out of 4 so the majority of people thought that the locations were appropriate however just under a quarter of people thought that the appropriateness of the locations were not good or a bit repetitive. I do agree with these people as I have filmed a lot of it at only two separate locations.




This question was asking the audience if they felt the lighting was appropriate for the film. The majority of people that I asked, 90% marked the appropriateness of light either a 3 or a 4, and 10% thought the lighting wasn’t appropriate, I can only think that they marked it with a 2 is because of the certain effects that I used on some parts of the video.


This question was asking the audience if the understood the meaning of the film. 83% of the audience said that they found the video understandable and were able to follow it. The other 17% didn’t find the meaning of the video clear enough. This is strange as I only wanted to film the actor going through his day. 


This question was asking the audience if there was an appropriate use of special effects. 90% of the people thought there was an appropriate use of special effects, I am glad with this as I felt that I used special effects very well throughout my video. 10% of the people thought that there wasn’t an appropriate use of special effects. I do not agree with these people as I felt that I used a lot of special effects. 






This final question asked the audience if they felt that the sound and image editing was appropriate and also if the film made sense. I received good feedback from this question as 86% of people thought that the editing of sound and images was all close and appropriate. I am pleased with this as I cut the video a lot of times throughout the video in order to create it. 14% of people didn’t think that the editing was close enough or synced correctly. I agree slightly with the people who thought that the lip syncing wasn’t close enough as there was a few times when it was out of sync.


No comments:

Post a Comment